Marine Science Center
100 Lighthouse Drive
Ponce Inlet, Fl 32127
Main Building 386-304-5545
Turtle Hospital 386-304-5544
Bird Hospital 386-304-5530
Injured Bird Drop-off (Temporarily closed due to Avian Influenza)
Due to the current Avian Influenza outbreak, the Marine Science Center's Bird Hospital is currently closed to bird intakes, but our bird boardwalk is open to our guests. To prevent the spread of Avian Influenza, the FWX advises that the public should avoid handling sick or dead wildlife, prohibit contact of domestic birds with wild birds, and report wild bird mortalities at the FWC Avian Mortality site, here, so the FWC can investigate the deaths. At this time it is highly recommended that any injured birds are left in the wild to help prevent the spread of this highly contagious avian disease.
- If you find an injured or deceased bird, please contact FWC (Florida Fish and Wildlife
Conservation Commission) Hotline 888-404-FWCC (3922).
- To report a banded bird
Injured Turtle/Tortoise Drop-off
Freshwater turtles and land tortoise or turtles can be brought to the MSC during on-site animal staff hours (8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily).
- If you find an injured sea turtle or native reptile, please contact the Florida Fish and Wildlife
Conservation Commission (FWC) Hotline at 888-404-FWCC (3922).
- For more information, please call the MSC at 386-304-5544, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- MSC Emergency number 24/7 "Turtles on Call" 386-804-5587.
- For Injured or sick sea turtle stranded at the beach or on a boat, please call the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) Hotline at 888-404-FWCC (3922).